View Single Post
Old 05-15-2005, 08:12 AM   #157
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
Now- if I am really a wolf and Fea is truly innocent, why in the world would I have passed up a free opportunity to kill an innocent person- a free pass for all three werewolves to move into the next round?
Sacrificing one for the good of the many, my dear friend. Because you know perfectly well that, with me as the prime suspect, suspicion is taken away, temporarily thought it may be, from almost everyone else! If you are a werewolf, than you know also that you can kill me at any time, that people aren't going to believe me anyways, that I'm probably going to get lynched. You would sacrifice Anguirel in hopes that it would raise suspicion against me even higher, which, go figure, it did! So now, no matter who I vote for, whether I'm certain they're guilty or not, nobody will believe me, except perhaps mormegil, who claims to believe me innocent. And that's another thing... why does mormegil believe me innocent when nobody else does? Is he the seer? That would be nice, because then I'd know he's not a lying, cheating werewolf (because only werewolves and the seer know who's innocent). But he's making a target of himself to remark on my innocence. Better to go with the flow and say nice, apologetic words, and cry a lot at my funeral.

The idea is, since I'm almost guaranteed to die at the hands of my fellow innocents, why waste a good midnight murdering on me? If you've got a gut instinct that you know I'll be right about my accusations (sorry again, Saucy), than you'd want people to discount my opinions. I work excellently as a good facade for the werewolves because suspicion is already there. They need not worry about being voted off. The villiagers will take me, and they will have another night to ransack our people!

And besides that, I wasn't accusing anybody. See? I even wrote it last night:

Quote:
I'm am not accusing anybody...
Now,

Quote:
The most obvious choice is that Fea is a wolf and I am not. The second best choice is that we are both innocent. Neither of those choices include phantom=wolf.
Oh stop that. I've already told you I'm innocent. Go ahead and kill me. I hope you all feel bad when you hear my neck snap. This is just like the Salem witch trials... You drown the suspect and if they die, sorry, we'll pray a lot for you, and if you live, you're a witch! It's kind of a backwards way of proving innocence, y'all.

Right now I'm in a quandry... I must be leaving soon, and I'm not sure if I'll be back before the day is up. So I must vote. I am all torn up about the phantom. While in my heart I want to believe that he's innocent, there are a few loose ends that just won't tie up. He knows that I wanted Saucy lynched... I said so myself. And who got killed last night?

What's a better way to keep suspicion on me than to kill the one that I wanted dead?

Quote:
Hey werewolves, you should eat Saucy instead of me. I mean, you wouldn't have to go looking for something to cook him in- he's already wearing all the pans you need.
The phantom isn't ghosted. We already know that. This looks like it could be a covert way to communicate with his fellows that would draw no suspicion. After all, better to hide in the open, and all that. And besides... they did EXACTLY what the phantom suggested. It could be a coincidence... but I'm not sure.

And he told us that he's played this game before... he knows all about playing mind games. His thinking is deep, and you can't put much past him. I don't want to kill you, tp, but I don't want to die. You seem to be the leader of the let's kill Fea group, and that puts you on my bad side at the moment.

I doubt that you are the seer, since I'm innocent, and you're so eager to kill me off. A seer wouldn't try so hard to kill a plain old villager. So either you're just an outspoken villager, or you're a werewolf who's playing mind games with me and the rest.

Either way fits you so darned well, it's difficult. And that's another thing... Everybody, this is directed to you. There is a difference between being outspoken and being guilty. Remember that.

Since I have to go now, I must regretfully put forth that I believe ++the phantom is one of the bad guys. No hard feelings, ol' chum. Many apologies if I'm wrong. Seer, would you please check on this theory during the night? I only wish I had time to follow the rest of the day's discussion, but I really must be off. RL calls.

But since I doubt I'll be home when the lynching occurs, here are my last words a little in advance, if indeed you kill me:

"Ha. Ha. Ha. You were wrong, and I'm laughing at you. Yes, you. You should have believed me when I claimed my innocence, and I hope you feel incredibly guilty. Now that I'm dead, and you see that I'm innocent, I hope you kill the phantom. He's a danger to you, I think. I'm currently thumbing my nose at you all. It's been a pleasure."

If you don't kill me, bear in mind that neither will the werewolves. Why destroy something perfect when it's working so well for you?