View Single Post
Old 03-04-2005, 04:27 AM   #2
Celebuial
Wight

Celebuial has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Celebuial
I think that'd be a great sequal! Not sure if Gandalf would come back and 'fight' them though... Do they have to 'take over Middle-Earth'? I can see that turning out nearly exactly the same as LotR ... Hmmm, ok, maybe a better sequal would be just about the adventures of the Blue Wizards and what they found. I think that would be much more original and interesting. What if it was kinda like The Sil and describing what they'd learnt about the history and ways of the East? Maybe then a new story could be created afterwards like TH or LotR. Maybe this wouldn't have as much history or depth though. Since ther's no mention of the East in the Sil you couldn't include The Valar or any Maia in the story. Then you'd be left with the problem of there being no 'big evil'. Would the story be as interesting as Lotr without this, or without the feel that there are other hands involved?........

If only Tolkien had written more!!!! I think we should just be greatful for what we have. Its hard not to ponder "what if?" though......
Boe min bango.
Celebuial is offline   Reply With Quote