View Single Post
Old 05-11-2022, 06:21 PM   #576
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huinesoron View Post
Another flyby link drop... I was gonna work on animating Sons tonight, but then remembered that we were still missing a link for Minions. A dig through the last conversation we had about it, several mishaps with missized animation sequences, and I think this is what we wanted it to look like:

13 - Sauron's Minions, current version.

Oh, I also got the subtitles onto Dream (and indeed this Minions), so yeah, a good evening.

hS

Oh, that is awesome! Aaaaahhh, the cute gollums! And I dunno if it's my bad earphones actually coming in handy at last, or we did a good job with the scripted dissonance, but it sounds properly musically improper. Your Sauron is fabulous as usual. Dude is creepy. Not one you want to be displeased - or bored - when you're around.

I've been sorta slacking, I've been distracted by an exciting part in Dawn which I binge-translated over the last few weeks, at the cost of no new Zong music. I have sketches for a couple of the remaining pieces but no music. Here's the Hate sketch. I think the male parts are in their usual register, but worth a check. Melian might be a tad high for me, but I'm willing to give it a try, if the other parts work well - yea or nay? Might have to drop it down a smidge after it's done if I just can't hit the high part. Also, I noticed that V1 does a whole bunch more shenanigans with the end of Hate, mainly Melian repeating "what madness" an extra round of times, but also she sings the melody slightly differently - another trick I might resort to if I can't get the high note. Do you have any thoughts about how we'd want to make the ending for this piece?