View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 04:46 PM   #16
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
In response to the Dark Elf, Bethberry knotted her hair under her chin in a faux resemblance of a beard.

"Will this do?" she giggled.

And then taking each Downer by the elbow, she guided them into the party.

"You are both probably too recently come to the Downs to know this," she whispered, stuttering on some hair in her mouth, "but Bethberry was a casuality of the rpg forum reforms."

The two looked at her as if to ask if she had already helped herself to too much party brew.

"Indeed," she said, sputtering again at the beard, "when Bethberry arrived on the Downs to rpg, her character was the daughter of Tom and Goldberry, and she was off on a grand tour of Middle-earth in hopes of finding her mother, who apparently was not around for Gandalf to visit when he returned to Tom's house at the end of Lord of the Rings."

"And was this a problem?" Glirdan inquired.

"Obviously some kind of Mary Sue character," muttered Morthoron.

"Alas, yes, gone went any characters who were actual characters in the story, or relations of them. So alas I was left with a sort of Lady of Bree character." She sniffled.

"And this party was my last attempt to foil those rules, maybe risk my PT, and return again, incognito of course--looking down at her now replaced hobbit feet--as the illustrious daughter of the enigmatic couple on the Withywindle."

She steered the threesome towards the tables of food, around the dancing, thereby giving a certain shooking appearance to be dancing with the two gentlemen at the same time.

"Those poor strange skwerls. They've lost their chance to reprimand me. I have missed the test and will remain plain Beth."