View Single Post
Old 05-04-2012, 07:08 AM   #15
Morthoron
Curmudgeonly Wordwraith

Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
The Dark Elf soon realized his arboreal ascension, although contextually correct in regards to his elvish idiom, was, perhaps, not quite in keeping with the subject matter of the piece. This gaffe, although not egregious, did make him look quite silly, particularly since he was aloft in the only tree in the area, and not in some copse or along a forest eave where subterfuge was more appropriate. That he stuck out like a sore thumb made him irritable - moreso than usual.

He clambered down the lone elder with the sinuous movement of a lithesome Eldar. Being quite pleased with the last sentence, the Dark Elf was assuaged in a meta-fictional sense, and this breaking of the fourth wall did much to overcome his initial embarrassment from the entire stereotypical elf-in-a-tree episode. But to his consternation, there was newfound reasons for exasperation. His vaunted elvish acuity had failed him as well, for he discovered that this Bethberry personage was not, in fact, a hobbit, but some sort of enema. When that too proved to be incorrect, and Bethberry corrected him, loudly proclaiming "E-n-i-g-m-a, not enema!" he was so abashed that he became the first elf in recorded history to blush.

Chagrined down to his very noble elvish toes, the Dark Elf bowed, and replied, "Ah yes, 'enigma'! Forgive me, Bethberry, I should have known, given your beard, bright blue jacket and the yellow boots at the doorway."

Last edited by Morthoron; 05-09-2012 at 04:55 PM.
Morthoron is offline   Reply With Quote