View Single Post
Old 05-03-2012, 12:28 PM   #12
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Glirdan felt the stub of a little foot connecting with his. Taking a quick glance down was the split second that it took for the door to come swinging open and almost connecting with his face. In his attempt to take a step back, he tripped over his own cloak, and almost lost the box of pies. Luckily, Ms. Bethberry was there to save the day.

In an attempt to regain his composure, he huffed indignantly at his own clumsyness and entered the Barrow, past Ms. Bethberry, not even bothering to help her up in his own flustered state. As he walked in, he noticed a few other guests had arrived.

Celuien was staring open mouthed at the near atrocity of pie spillage, Galadriel was back at having a conversation with her x-amount of other selves ("Wait, is it just her or are there 55 others standing with her?"), Monsieur Legate, who was seated and enjoying wurst, and a rather Odd Woman standing in the corner, wearing a very peculiar pin and playing Sergeant Saucy's Barrow Downs Club Band repeatedly.

He continued to look around, taking everything in; the green party banners so befitting of their Barrow, the table of beer, 'shrooms and wurst, and he could have sworn there was faint smell of cakes wafting from the kitchen. "I do hope sallycakes intends on joining...she does love her cakes." he thought, a faint smile creeping upon his face.

He walked over to the table and started removing the pies carefully from the box, checking each one to make sure they were not damaged. He also came prepared with little place cards to mark each pie. Glirdan was a master of pie baking. Along with the conventional cherry, apple, blueberry and pumpkin pie, he also had a variety of others. He didn't want to name those ones, he wanted to try a bit of game for the guests.

He turned back around and noticed that Ms. Bethberry was still laying on the floor, staring up into the trees outside her door. He walked over to her and extended her hand "Here, my lady hostess. I apologize for my....shall we say....rudeness upon entering. Now, up on your feet." It was then that he noticed a Dark Elf standing at the doorway. "Well are you going to just stand there Morthoron, or are you going to come in and have a beer?"