View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 11:27 PM   #6
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Glirdan hurried down the forest trail, scattering the leaves left over from the melted snow in his wake, a rather large parcel under his arm. He had just received his notice about the big party at the Barrow and did not want to be late for this very important date. "Now that I think about it, I'd rather not fall down a rabbit hole like Alice," he said aloud. "Or maybe I would? Although I don't think those dresses would fit well...."

He failed to look ahead, to intent on talking to himself, that he nearly tripped on a squirrel wearing a steel hauberk.

"Would you please watch where it is you are running to in such a manner!! I have a very urgent message to deliver to Lady Estelyn!" The squirrel peeped indignantly.

"Then you best be on your way little fella, don't want you to loose your head!" He chuckled to himself at what he thought was a very clever pun. The squirrel, not understanding the pun (having not heard the conversation Glirdan was having with himself) bit his toe and ran down the forest trail, and (from what Glirdan could gather as he scampered away) muttering words like "nitwit" and "day dreamer". However, Glirdan ignored the squirrel's musings in order to tend to his toe, which was now bleeding. "Little bugger got me good that time....Oh well, it's just a little cut. Must be off!!"

He took off down the trail at a gallop (quite literally galloping....his days of rehearsals were really starting to get to him). As he turned the bend in the trail, he noticed the wisp of a very familiar cloak walking through the door and caught the tail end of what seemed to be many conversations from one individual. "Must be Galadriel" he said with a smile.

He halted on the spot, attempting to catch his breath and brush himself off. If this was the last party he may be having with some of his favorite people (the end of the world being predicted by some crazy people for the end of the year), he must look presentable.

He removed the parcel from underneath his arm and opened the box, revealing a pie which was already cut into twelve different slices. "Twelve years, twelve slices. I just hope the other eleven pies underneath are in eating condition!" (Perhaps a rather large box was not a very fitting description...). He closed the lid of the box, walked over to the door, knocked and waited for someone to let him in.