View Single Post
Old 06-14-2005, 09:35 AM   #545
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

Congratulations to the newest member of Victorious Werewolves!!! The membership fee is 300 dukets (give or take, and we will be taking…) With these dues we hope to add a billiard room and informal dining area to the west wing of the building. (The way things are going I think we are going to need the space!) I believe the phantom and dancing spawn are in the Scarlet Room feasting on villagers. Don’t forget to sign up for the villager catering service (now only 100 bizants.)

Don’t forget to stop by the Gift Shoppe and purchase our lovely “I Just Won Barrow-Downs Werewolf And All I Got Was This Lousy T-Shirt!!!" t-shirt. Unfortunately, due to increased demand, the Shoppe has had to end the sale. T-shirts are available for the full price of 800 dirhams.

(And before you ask about special discounts for thoroughly beating the Rex et Basilius for Life of the Victorious Werewolves, I’m afraid that it is completely out of the question. We almost had the power turned off last week and we need every bit of money we can get our claws on, especially if we have to keep expanding the building. )

Now…

Slow down folks! I think we have a number of issues that need to be ironed out before we start worrying about starting the next game.

Quote:
How about allowing villagers to write one "letter" per game.

In other words, on a night that a villager is scared of being slain, that villager can pm the game moderator with a "letter" addressed to the townspeople sharing his final thoughts and wishing them well.

Now, if you send the mod a letter and you are not killed you cannot ever send a letter again. You only get one chance.
This might be an idea to try. However, if we do implement it, I’d like to ask that there to be a ban placed on people coming over to this thread and giving their last words and so forth after they’ve been killed. I don’t like this practice, I think it is unfair to the people still playing and I also think that it is inevitably going to lead to trouble sooner or later. I’d like to have it stopped before we have a game ruined because somebody said too much on this thread.

Quote:
Secondly, I think that the Werewolves should be prohibited from talking behind the scenes (by PM) during the day. They can plan a strategy for the day during their night-time discussions but to give them the opportunity to coordinate what they do during the day as the day unfolds does, I think, give them rather too much power.
I’m not so sure I agree with this. However, that may just be that bit of pro-werewolf bias I have creeping into my thinking.

Quote:
Also, when I play "mafia" (same thing as werewolf) my friends and I have a non-participation rule that I really like. If someone goes through a day period without making an accusation, defending someone, or putting forth a theory, that person is automatically killed at the end of the round (after the lynching).

The moderator simply says "You didn't say enough- you're dead".
Here we have a very difficult issue. In principle, I agree that there should be some rule about participation. However, no matter how I look at implementation I only see problems.

First of all, I think there has to be a clearly defined standard of what the cutoff point would be. I think this standard should be beyond the control of whoever is occupying the position of mod. Obviously, if The Barrow Wight is modding the game he can do whatever he jolly well pleases, but even at that I’d ask him for the sake of the balance and playability of the game to have a clear and understandable standard. I mean all sorts of bad things could happen if the rule is spongy and largely up to the subjective opinion of the mod…nasty arguments and such if a questionable participation kill costs one side the game (and questionable kills would happen if the rule is vague).

Then the problem becomes, how to set the standard. Setting a minimum post count seems dreadfully arbitrary, but judging the content of a post can be painfully subjective. I mean somebody could be trying a strategy of some sort to draw out a werewolf or lay low as a werewolf by saying little and being non-committal. Are they going to be axed because of the way they are trying to play?

I think this issue requires some serious discussion before it is accepted.

Quote:
And I still think we should add masons to the mix. That could balance the power.
I’m kind of in agreement with the phantom on this. However, I’m not sure we should call them “masons” on the general principle of avoiding the names of organizations that actually exist in the real world.

P.S. Hookbill’s movie card is absolutely hilarious!!!

Last edited by Kuruharan; 06-14-2005 at 09:53 AM.
Kuruharan is offline   Reply With Quote