View Single Post
Old 05-16-2005, 05:14 PM   #211
The Barrow-Wight
Night In Wight Satin

The Barrow-Wight is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
The Eye Day 3 results

Seconds after the fourth and final vote was cast, Primrose Bolger was bound with thick leather bands. To further secure her should she prove to be a werewolf, a set of iron shackles that had been manufactured earlier in the day was fastened round her thick, hobbitish ankles. Finally, every villager armed themselves with sharp weapons. Firefoot had nearly escaped them, and they would not allow this beast to get away.

“I’ve said little to incriminate myself, and almost nothing in accusation of others,” she sobbed. “My votes have always been with my heart, which is pure. You’ll doom us all if you hang me.”

“Save it for the devil,” remarked someone angrily, and another person threw a stone, hitting Primrose on the forehead. Blood trickled into her eyes, which remained alert. As the pain of the blow passed, the smile faded from her face, and she spat contemptuously at her captors.

“The devil will have all of you,” she shrieked, “for your participation in this wickedness. But the wolf will have you first!”

Another stone struck face, knocking her senseless. She moaned in agony as they led her to the gallows.

A bag was placed over her head, and the noose was drawn tight. With a collective sigh, the crowd watched as she fell with a soft snap. Everyone cheered as her body began to twitch violently, and they all rushed forward with arms raised high.

But she didn’t shake for long. In only a short moment, perhaps 10 seconds, her body slumped and hung limply, devoid of life. After a long silence of horrible disbelief, the villagers began to wail at the evil they had done.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Living
  • the phantom
  • Oddwen
  • Feanor of the Peredhil
  • bilbo_baggins
  • Kuruharan
  • Mithalwen

Dead
  • Shelob (Villager) - mangled by werewolves during Night 1
  • Anguirel (Werewolf) - hanged on Day 1
  • The Saucepan Man (Villager) – shredded and simmered by werewolves during Night 2
  • Firefoot (Werewolf) - hanged on Day 2
  • mormegil (The Seer) - shredded horrificallyby a werewolf on Night 3
  • Primrose Bolger (Villager) – hanged for suspicion of being a werewolf

Score
Werewolves: 1
Villagers: 5

The Villagers aren’t so smart without their seer, eh?

It is now NIGHT (or it will be tomorrow morning at 6AM). The werewolf has until 6PM tomorrow night to kill another villager.

You know, we could speed our games up and still give people plenty of time to get on in any time zone. Starting next game (or even this one if everyone agrees), we could say that DAY or NIGHT starts as soon as the moderator writes the results of the previous phase. Each phase lasts up to 24 hours, but can end much sooner if everyone responds (werewolves decide on their victim/villagers vote a majority) and the moderator has time to write the report. People would not be obligated to hurry, but if result did come faster, then we wouldn't have to wait for so long to begin the next phase.

Please feel free to discuss this idea for an accelerated timetable here while we wait for the werewolf to pick his/her victim .

Thanks