View Single Post
Old 08-30-2010, 10:01 PM   #1
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

TheGreatElvenWarrior has been trapped in the Barrow!
Sting Barrow Downs Misconceptions

Last night whilst talking on the phone with Lauri I told her a story that amused her greatly and sparked the idea for a Mirthful thread.

I was talking to my brother, Seth, the other day and asked him when he was going to join the 'Downs. He told me that he wasn't ever going to. Since he likes the Barrow Downs, I asked him why he didn't want to be a 'Downer. He promptly told me that it was because he didn't want to die. As it turns out he thought that all this talk of being 'dead' on the 'Downs was for real. Apparently he thought that I was actually deceased. Where he got that notion from I honestly don't know. I explained to him that it was just a joke, and he responded with a great big 'OH'!

This little story makes one think 'I wonder if anyone else has ever had a relative or a friend that had a misconception about the good old 'Downs.' There's probably moments like this for every 'Downer. There may even be an amusing story to it. So has somebody that you've known had a misconception about the 'Downs?