View Single Post
Old 11-24-2003, 08:14 AM   #119
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
White-Hand

ToRN has a link <A HREF="http://www.theonering.net/scrapbook/group/1154" TARGET=_blank>here</A> to some great images from the film, which are from some card game or other. Many of them are completely new to me.<P>Given the reference to <B>King</B> Denethor, the comments on them are not totally reliable. But it is interesting to see the reference to Dunharrow. It seems that there will be an encampment here prior to the Muster of Rohan and it also looks (from the similarity of the tents) that this is where Elrond gives Anduril to Aragorn.<P>Nice picture of the Witch-King wielding a sword. I wonder where this takes place, as it doesn't look to be on the Pelennor. And it doesn't look like the confrontation with Gandalf either, as a later picture has that as being the scene where Gandalf and Pippin on Shadowfax are confronted by a Black Rider on a Fell Beast rising above the City Wall.<P>There are some great pictures of Pippion and Gandalf in and around Minas Tirith, including ones of Pippin lighting the beacon and Gandalf rescuing Faramir, neither of which I had seen before.<P>And another new one on me is the shot of Frodo as "Gorbag's prey", presumably in the Tower of Cirith Ungol. One for the ladies (well the Elijah fans anyway), I think. <P>Any other thoughts on these images?