View Single Post
Old 11-15-2003, 07:18 PM   #108
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Rose Cotton has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>What if Theoden says to Wormtongue at the Orthanc, "you were not responsible for what you did, I forgive you, etc. You do not have to stay with Saruman, etc." And then Saruman's eyes light up and he reveals that Grima killed Theodred. Grima flies into a rage and does the deed, whether it be by pushing or stabbing Saruman. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I agree that they should just take Wormtounge and Sauruman's death from the books and tweek it so it fits Isengard.<P>If I was doing the ending this is what it would be like:<P>Right after the end of the final battle/mt. doom scene we see Sam and Frodo waking up to a be greated by Legolas, Gimli, and Merry. After a bit of conversation Frodo or Sam asks where Pippin is. At that moment Pippin comes (this is to make the audience think for a moment that Pippin died when he was squashed by that troll). <P>There is a scene where the Elrond, Arwen and Aragorn storyline comes to a close. Elrond exepts Arwen's choice to stay and aknoleges Aragorn as a true King. <P>Then there would be Aragorn's ceremony in which we can clearly see Eowyn and Faramir together (their meetings at the Houses of Healing would have been shown before)This would also be when Legolas, Gimli, Aragorn and others will say their farewells to the hobbits and Gandalf.<P>Cut to them walking back to the Shire. I'm actually now sure what I would have them do once they reach the Shire so I'll skip right to the Grey Havens.<P>At the Grey Havens I would put tons of refrences to book things like Bilbo being the oldest hobbit, his wishing he could see his old ring again and many other funny Bilbo parts. Frodo and Sam have a last discussion where Sam urges Frodo not to go and how he wish he wasn't so divided between him and Rosie. Frodo replies to this with telling Sam that he dosn't have to be divided any more. Some more mushy stuff and then only the three hobbits are left.<P>As they travel home there is a voiceover. It talks about what happens to the felloship with little clips of everyone. Finally as the voiceover ends we see Sam walking alone into Bag End. Then he says "Well, I'm back." <P>Then I would add one more line which I wish Tolkien had added after Sam's line.<BR>The voice from the voiceover would say:<P>"And they lived happily ever after, to the end of their days."