View Single Post
Old 10-21-2003, 02:00 PM   #83
Essex
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Essex has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Using my detective (!!) techniques, I am proposing what happens regarding the witch king and the Denethor / pyre incidents.<P>The pyre scene will take place at another time (before or after) than the witch king at the gate episode. What I mean by this is that neither will have an effect on the other as they do in the book.<P>Clues:<P>The pyre scene was definitely filmed. We have proof of this from Ian McKellen’s tour of Rath Dinen with Quickbeam from theonering.net<P>We see a nazgul about to confront Gandalf, shadowfax <B>and Pippin</B> in the TT DVD ROTK preview.<P>We see a quick shot of Pippin holding Merry on the field of battle in the TT DVD ROTK preview. Merry looks like he’s in pain or distraught (or both). Look closely behind them. That is definitely Gandalf. Look (very) closely on bottom right part of the screen. Is that part of a horse’s body?<P>We have news from the lotr trivial pursuits game that Theoden dies under snowmane’s body.<P>Therefore I surmise:<P>Gandalf confronts the witch king at the gate.<P>The horns of the rohirrim are sounded<P>The Witch King flies away to join the battle<P>Gandalf and Pippin follow on Shadowfax (but are not as fast)<P>The WK confronts theoden, eoywn and merry as in the book.<P>Theoden dies under snowmane<P>Merry and Eowyn confront and kill the witch king<P>Gandalf and Pippin arrive to see this scene, but not in time to assist<P>Pippin holds Merry in his arms whilst Gandalf confronts the enemy to protect them<P>And as said earlier, the pyre scene may come before or after this.<P><BR>A couple of things that might go against this:<P>It MIGHT not be the pellenor fields that we see pippin holding merry, but I would hazard a guess that it IS<P>We do not see Pippin wearing a helmet when he is on shadowfax with Gandalf. I suppose he could be holding it....<P>It might not be the witch king at the gate, but I find this hard to believe. People are mentioning that you cannot see his helmet as shown on thelordoftherings.net. why do we need to see this? It might be revealed straight after this, i.e. the witch king can move back his hood and reveal himself to Gandalf.<P><BR>What do you all think? <P><BR>
Essex is offline   Reply With Quote