View Single Post
Old 06-05-2022, 02:22 PM   #6
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithadan View Post
If similar posts were made here, people would (or maybe the correct phrase is "would have once upon a time") jump all over these posts, correcting or criticizing them. But what I hear here is ... crickets.

Thoughts?
The thing is... it's been 20 years. Back in the day, I was very definitely a message board complainer. I could probably still rattle off a massive list of everything wrong with Jackson's movies, likely including the words "character assassination" several times.

But... it's been 20 years. I am way too tired to get into a conversation where about half the replies will be flatly negative. I mean, people are allowed to be negative! Rant all you want! But I don't have the energy to either be positive in the face of that, or to devote to hating something that a) nobody has even seen and b) I would quite like to be good, actually.

(Oh, and the only things wrong with your quote, in context, are the spelling of Gundabad and some slightly dodgy grammar. "This is also where" is supposed to mean Ravenhill - it looks like it was probably a run-on sentence that got shoddily edited - and that is an accurate description of the film.)

hS