View Single Post
Old 06-04-2022, 08:03 PM   #2
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I think that all the major developments in the Amazon show's production do generate quite a significant and rather heated response here. But in the spans of time in between reveals, there is not much to add to what has already been said. I think we are mostly approaching the show each with his predetermined attitude, and it won't change from one extra misquote or another.

The other part of it is that if we were to correct or critique every article out there which gets a basic fact wrong, we won't have time for anything else. And it serves no purpose. It does not educate the people who make these mistakes, it does not enlighten the public about the real world of Tolkien or promote his works, and it certainly doesn't give me a lot of pleasure to read through all these articles unless there is a specific interest to do so.

It is also somewhat reflective of the character of this site that such "articles" aren't posted here on a regular basis. If someone made a post with a misquoted fact, I am willing to bet my head that it would be corrected in due course. Correcting external articles though? Talk of quixotic tasks.

But rest assured - once the show actually airs, I think there will be another burst of discussion here.