View Single Post
Old 05-18-2005, 02:24 PM   #243
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
a repeated quote

Oh my... dear Mithalwen, please say you'll listen to my defense. Of course you will... you are far more of a fair judge than I am. Please let me try to change your mind.

Quote:
Look back, she has jumped on bandwagons with Primrose and Bilbo and Phantom had her second on his list and is now dead.
I did no such thing. If you'll remember, I commented that I suspected bilbo in one of my very first posts. And even though that entire post is cloaked in a teasing nature, I did say quite early on about bilbo that:

Quote:
I think you might have done it.
With Primrose, I've had a weird feeling all along, even though it turned out to be wrong. But quoting her, she said:

Quote:
It's bilbo_baggins who bears watching in my mind.
in post #74. Since I was obviously wrong, I'm feeling more likely to listen to her instincts than my own. My accusal of bilbo, although cold, is not entirely random, as even the other night, glancing over my list of players and thoughts about them, I scratched a small black "W" by his name.

Quote:
Look back, she has jumped on bandwagons with Primrose and Bilbo and Phantom had her second on his list and is now dead.
My suspicions of Primrose were not unfounded, but were obviously hasty. I couldn't understand why somebody innocent would not be more vocal. I had my trinity of bad guy personas fixed in my head (the out-spoken, the average, the sneak) and she fit the sneak so well, seeing as how she was so unsuspicous. It seemed to me that someone that over-looked could only be guilty. It's like the criminal who then proceeds to be really really good for awhile to avert suspicion, or the sinner who then tries to make up for it with a lot of good deeds. I'm sorry that I was wrong, but I try to listen to my instincts... in real life, they're great. I'm sorry they aren't so wonderful when I can't read your faces.

Quote:
And why would I kill the phantom? I only just started to believe him again. I pointed out all the evidence I thought pointed to him in as organized a manner as I could, but after a large amount of dissuasion on his part I changed my mind. Although he still suspected me, and I suspected him, I finally did ascertain (to myself as well as you) that I believed him innocent. After all that, I'm not about to go off and kill him. He was just starting to believe me.

And really, the only bandwagon I offically jumped onto was this one:

Quote:
I'm still not so sure of Firefoot's guilt, but if the majority thinks her a werewolf, I may have to jump onto the bandwagon. After all, I've been wrong before.
Quote:
If one of them is guilty then I salute you for playing a blinder.....
I'm not sure what a blinder is (presumably someone or something that intentionally messes with how people see things?), but I will gracefully accept that salute.

I stand by my vote for bilbo... I can only hope you change your mind, Mith.

Fea