View Single Post
Old 12-11-2014, 04:31 PM   #17
Belegorn
Shade of Carn Dûm

Belegorn has just left Hobbiton.
Umm... I forget the mind of Melkor as expounded on in Morgoth's Ring, but I think maybe he'd have destroyed most everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myths Transformed
Morgoth would no doubt, if he had been victorious, have ultimately destroyed even his own 'creatures', such as the Orcs, when they had served his sole purpose in using them: the destruction of Elves and Men.
That would be highly improbable, Melkor winning, since he was so spent of his innate powers. His servants are not him. Although with his servants all-together they sort of had a semblence of Melkor as he was collectively, but since his hosts could be dealt with easier than with Melkor you take them out and he's no problem as he once was. When I consider Melkor I think of some terrible power, terrible, like just consider what he did expending his nature into everything in M-E. He actually became a taint within the sphere of the world. Finrod I think thought that maybe Melkor had to some degree changed the bodies of the COI. I suppose this in some way accounted for the fading where the body of the Eves could not keep up with their spirits and were eaten away.

As mention in MR, he'd have gone on raging against existence and the existence of others, but in the end unable to really destroy completely what he sought to. He knew he could not utterly destroy Elves and Men, their spirits, but he was pleased with destroying their bodies.