View Single Post
Old 01-22-2005, 09:56 AM   #8
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Boots

Well, I do think it was completely right to have more of Eowyn. Having said that, Eomer was practically not in the film at all.

Please don't think of me as one-dimensional Boro (even though I did invite it upon myself). I too love the Ride of the Rohirrim, it is one of my favourite parts of the films. This was epic. The filmmakers also made it work at the close of the Battle at Helm's Deep. But this only furthers my bemusement at the horrible way Aragorn was introduced to the fields of Gondor. Read the book, this introduction is just gold.

Boromir's death scene was already one of those sad-but-happy-in-a-way deaths. Theoden's was pretty similar. I think they missed out on this opportunity to have an unorthodox death scene. Do not have it in the quiet after the battle, with the final goodbye from the niece. Have it in the midst of battle, with no chance of a goodbye. That will make the audience cry in a different way.