View Single Post
Old 12-21-2002, 07:55 AM   #28
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Rose Cotton has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Calm down guys. Before we start screaming at eachother and getting this thread closed lets stand our ground rationally. Here are the facts:<P>These movies are based on J.R.R. Tolkien's works and are therefore different then other movies.<P>These movies are being made for more then Tolkien fans and therefore must beable to satisfy all.<P>PJ did say he would try to stay as close as his could to the books.<P>PJ did say he took the most librities in TTT.<P>Some of the changes do seem irrational.<P>I don't think PJ would do a change just for the sake of it. I beleive he has a reason for everything in these movies. Something he wants to protray.<P>The people here on the Barrowdowns do seem to be a bit rough on PJ.<P>In order for us few who loved the movie to change the minds of or at least get the attention and respect of the other members we must not riot or do anything disrespecfull. We must hold our ground with examples and information to back up the reasons why this movie (TTT) was worth all our money and time.<P>The air of dissapointment around the Downs has been getting me down. I loved the movie and want to join a group who's on my side.<P>COUNT ME IN.