View Single Post
Old 07-02-2003, 11:49 AM   #64
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

The only real thing I missed in Fellowship of the Ring (the movie) was that they didn't show how resilient Hobbits are to the Morgul blade.

In Two Towers, I too could have screamed when they changed Faramir. I was thrilled in the book when he kept his promise to Frodo about not taking the Enemy's weapon. I heard somewhere that Two Towers is the movie that is changed the most, so I think that we shouldn't judge it too harshly until we see it in context. As for Arwen in Two Towers, what does she mean when she says to Aragorn, "You must go with Frodo." HUH? I hope in the third one they show Faramir and Eowyn getting married.

Even though P.J changed a few things, I think that he did a good job on both films for a few reasons: He kept the heart of the film. The selfless love, the loyalty, the nobility. Sam is clearly shown as the hopeful one, while Frodo is starting to loose hope, just like he did in the book. And it is true that Frodo would never have made it without Sam. As for Pippin and Merry, I think they are maturing nicely (as has been said before, I think). Though Eowyn was not quite the way I pictured her, I think she was great. Those are just my thoughts. The other changes I don't really mind, but I don't really care for the one with Faramir. I wonder what they are going to do with it.

Imladris is offline   Reply With Quote