View Single Post
Old 06-06-2020, 04:52 AM   #4
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
"There is no emotion - there is peace.
There is no ignorance - there is knowledge.
There is no passion - there is serenity.
There is no death - there is the Dead Thread." - Let's say Finwe

Huinesoron's analysis of Day 1, Part 1: Me.

Good news! Multiple people noted that my play style was different to last game, which was a firm goal of mine.

Less good news: I'm not sure the difference they noticed was the one I was aiming for. I was angling for 'shorter and more committed posts', but seem to have wound up with 'more pokey'.

Bad news: it got me killed.

Okay, so why am I dead? According to my voters:

-Shasta: thought I was the Nightmare Wolf because I was pushing people, liked my explanation for what I was up to, but voted me anyway.

-Rikae: skeptical about my pushing, and thought my paranoia looked guilty. That's fair.

-Nog: misreading my 'initial suspicion' of Formendacil, and not liking me saying what I was doing w/r/t pushing.

-Kath: 'to see what happens', plus presumably the earlier claim I was ''pushing' everyone but not particularly saying a lot himself.'

I'm seeing two factors at play, both in the votes and in people's other comments on me:

-Actively pushing people to try and get reads on them draws attention. Not much I can do about that - I get my best reads off people by interacting with them, and I refuse to sit quietly and not play the game.

-I'm saying too much of what I'm thinking. This covers both the paranoia theory and Nog's whole thing. I mean... I kind of see the point, but not sharing my thoughts means the rest of the village aren't getting all the information. I want to make sure that they understand what I'm trying to say and do, rather than just leaving them a bunch of 'hS is being weird'.

I dunno. I'd really like to think the clear misreading by various people (Kath, Nog) is wolfish scheming, because... well, I'm a writer, words are my tool, and the idea that I'm just bad at communicating makes me kind of sad. But... ah, well.

Next post: the votes.

hS
Huinesoron is offline   Reply With Quote