View Single Post
Old 12-16-2014, 06:33 AM   #147
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Leaf

Aganzir laughed silently to herself as she ran, leapt and climbed through the dark tree-city. She and her kind had sown fear and distrust amongst the Galadhrim and, even better, had caused the death of their ruler. Surely her dark master would be pleased!

But the greatest triumph of all lay before her, for she was certain, now, that she had seen through the disguise of the Lady Galadriel. Still, the Lady would be a formidable opponent. As she raced up the stair that led to her victim's flet, Aganzir allowed her Elven semblance to fall from her. Her face became a muzzle; fur sprouted over her; she dropped to all fours.

She was halfway between Elven and bestial form when she felt a blow in her chest. She looked down in disbelief at the feathered shaft protruding from her furry ribcage, then up at the slender figure who stood at the top of the stairs, holding a bow and arrow.

"To save your own sorry hide you betrayed my beloved Amroth to his death," the icy voice rang out, "and therefore it will be you who shall first be felled by my wrath!"

"Nerdanel!" the injured werewolf gasped.

"It's Nimrodel! How dare you call me by the name of one of the cruel, invading Noldor! Take that!"

And she shot Aganzir between the eyes.

In death, the werewolf transformed fully into its hideous true shape. Nimrodel, having made sure all life had departed from the corpse, stood looking down at the furry bulk that blotched the moonlit stair. There was, she realised, no peace for her in bringing justice to one of Amroth's murderers. Only when the last one lay dead at her hand- only when she had killed them, all of them- then, perhaps, she would know peace.

A throaty chuckle broke into the Elf-maiden's bloody thoughts. Whirling, she saw a second great wolf descending the stairs. She shot at the beast, but with an ease more feline than lupine, it leapt onto a mallorn bough overhead and sat there, gazing down at her with eyes that glowed green in the moonlight.

"Well met!" said the werewolf. "And thank you. Aganzir had outlived her usefulness- you have done us a service by disposing of her."

Nimrodel's eyes searched the surrounding foliage, but the leaves were too dense for her to be able to tell if the wolf was alone.

"Us? Are there more of you? And who are you? I charge you, tell me your name!"

"Now wouldn't you like to know?" laughed the wolf.

~~~~~~

The Living
Sally
Lottie
Farael
Rikae
Shasta
Coppermirror
Kitanna

The Dead
Nerwen, throat torn out Night One. (Mod).
Tar-Jêx, thrown off a flet Day One. (Ranger/Lover).
Boro, dragged under by a swan-submarine Night Two. (Ordo).
McCaber, choked on lembas Day Two. (Ordo).
Aganzir, shot with bow-and-arrow Night Three. (Werewolf).

It is now Day Three. You may post.

Last edited by Nerwen; 12-18-2014 at 06:14 AM. Reason: typo.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote