View Single Post
Old 09-27-2003, 05:34 PM   #25
Calliope and Linus S. Underhill.
Pile O'Bones

Calliope and Linus S. Underhill. has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Well, the Fellowship cleared up alot for me, I hadn't read the Fellowship fo the Ring thoroughly (I thought Gwahir was a guy with wings!). These movies didn't ruin the books for me, though I decided I didn't really like the Two Towers, not because of the way it was adapted, but the way I got angry when I saw Frodo and Sam yelling at each other. Those are my two favorite characters, and I thought them to be ruined in the two towers, though nobody else seems to notice I try to enjoy the movie, but I can never smile at those parts.<P>I have my own ways of picturing the characters. I at first pictured them like the movie did, but then I realized "Hey, Frodo doesn't look THAT stupid..." lol okay, maybe Elijah Wood doesn't look stupid, but too young to be Frodo . So I've "adapted" all the characters in my mind, and now the people in the movies are just actors. The Elijah Wood character is not Frodo at all to me!<P>But it's an okay adaptation If Peter Jackson wants to make it THAT different, so be it. I'll just keep reading the Two Towers. And I am still getting hte extended version for the rope scene!<p>[ September 27, 2003: Message edited by: Calliope and Linus S. Underhill. ]