View Single Post
Old 09-24-2003, 08:52 AM   #16
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

HCIsland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I'm very glad the films were made. When I first heard about them, I was worried but as I began to see some of the images being produced I got very excited. I remember first seeing the shot of Gandalf riding into Isengard and was absolutely thrilled.<P>The films actually follow the books more than I expected. Compared to most film adaptation of books, it is very true to the source, though I know many of you will disagree.<P>Fellowship was the first movie I went to by myself. I wasn't sure if it would be appropriate for my kids, so when my wife I would have gotten around to arranging the sitter to see the movie, I don't know. When I got the afternoon off work a week after the movie was released, I couldn't resist.<P>I was entralled from "The world has changed." to "I'm glad you're with me, Sam".<P>It is obvious to me that these films are made by Tolkien fans.<P>H.C.