View Single Post
Old 11-23-2007, 11:39 PM   #59
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
If I were Peter Jackson I'd be rather afraid of those die-hard supporters. I mean the ones who insist that only he can direct The Hobbit, and that they'll refuse to see it if anyone else does.

I can see them turning on him viciously if the film doesn't live up to their expectations– and arguably, nothing will. I know the capitals-and-exclamation-points crowd. (Some of my best friends, etc...) Honestly, some of them are going to be deeply disappointed if The Hobbit doesn't incorporate their way-out personal theories about Middle-earth (these having nothing to do with anything Tolkien wrote, and very little to do with the LotR movies either).

I would say New Line is paying attention to all these protests, but also that they're taking them with a grain of salt. Do you really think nearly half of the movie-going public will stay home if The Hobbit has a different director?
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote