Thread: Triumph!!!
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2004, 11:04 AM   #7
Morai
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morai has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Morai Send a message via Yahoo to Morai Send a message via Skype™ to Morai
Dark-Eye Alas...non LOTR Parents!

Okay, now I'm sure all of you are dying to hear my dramatic stories of converting non LOTR fans...right? Well...maybe not dying.

Anyway, first let's discuss the depression tale of my Dad. When I was watching FOTR on video for the 1st time, he walked in the middle of the Moria scenes. He watched the movie for a few minutes then left saying "I think this is too deep for me." Even after me and my mother's attempts to convince to try watching it from the beginning, he refuses.

But, I think I was successful with my mom. She drove me and a friend to a movie theatre to watch FOTR months after it came out. At first she didn't understand it (cause of lack of reading the books) but after watching ROTK a few weeks ago. My mom LIKES IT! I'm not expecting her to be diehard, but it's nice. In fact she claims that ROTK makes the most sense out of all 3 of the movies. (Maybe my dad should try watching that one first? Nah...)

Just remember, I started out thinking LOTR was a pointless blood 'n action story. But after all the hype, I began reading the books and fell in love with it. THERE IS ALWAYS HOPE!!