View Single Post
Old 06-10-2003, 03:51 PM   #88
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

*notes a passing scent of flowers in the air

Sophia

It was never mentioned what tribe your characters and Aylwen's were in. But it would be fine if you were part of the one Jamílah is in.

I have already set up with Ealasaid that our two tribes are now encamped near each other, ours to the west of the small spring and their's to the east of it, in a large savannah area.

Ealasaid(Ahmad)'s tribe is patrilineal, and are warriors. They are called The Painted Sand Tribe, and are nomadic. Their horses are prized throughout the areas they travel.

Ahmad's father, Ishak ben Ishak is of the Wind Walker Clan. His wife, Briellah (Ahmad's mother), is of the Bending Grass Clan.

My character(Jamílah)'s tribe is matrilineal and are nomadic hunter/gatherers. They are called The Baobab Tribe and her clan is the Bush Lizard as is her daughters' and their children. The Baobab tree plays a central role in the spiritual life of the tribe, as do the animal totems the clans are named for. The tribe is famous for the beautiful baskets they weave, and uses them to trade for goods needed from other tribes they come in contact with.

Jamílah has a longstanding friendship with Briellah.

Hope this helps.