Thread: RPG RESOURCES
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2002, 05:54 AM   #38
Joy
Spirit of a Warrior

Joy has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

BethBerry, thank you . As I told Eol, I am not an RPer, but a writer. I am writing a fan fiction currently called "The Jewels of Battle."

Almost every one of your links is needed for my story at this point, and I am sure I will draw upon those others at a later date.

As for your topic, I would like to see more substanial, as you say, RPs. I do like the diaglouge, the description, and the time spent developing a character. To me, it does make a more interesting read.

Would Boromir or Gollum been interesting if they were not as developed as they were. Even someone as minor as Bill Ferny, Haldirm or Hama would not have been remembered if Tolkien had not developed them as well as he did. Even if your character is minor, he or she should be fleshed out, have a sense of character that you can read with just a word, or from the description of their glance.

I do read the RPs for ideas in "pushing" the actions scenes in my story.

Here is a Quenya Dictionary.

As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God. My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear before God?