View Single Post
Old 07-12-2015, 09:26 AM   #175
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
P.P.S. Lommy off-handedly mentioned "do Rohirrim even have potatoes?" which, in my opinion, is a valid question, which had occured to me already when it first appeared, but then I concluded that a) even if they didn't before the War of the Ring, they had had 20 years of merry contact with Hobbits to get acquainted with them on daily basis (I can totally imagine Shirelings exporting taters in great numbers, if it came to that), b) the fact that Gollum didn't know what "taters" are, it doesn't prevent more "civilized" folk from knowing that. After all, everything useful we know of, including pipeweed, came originally through the Númenoreans.
Well, I'm still a little undecided, but I decided to roll with it. We can also change that to turnips, and no great harm done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
Also, just posted for Hilderinc (with Lommy's assistance to fill in her character's reactions). It's basically open, if Lommy wants to post for Brith now, and whether eventually we want them to reach Saeryn (Folwren?), or only later...
Indeed - very easy to write a post when you can consult the other writer who sits across the table from you. So I went ahead and wrote something short. If Legate wants to write more dialogue with his very untalkative character , go on. If anybody wants to interrupt the slightly bizarre sight-seeing tour, feel free to. And if nothing special happens, I think we can leave the tour at that and Folwren and I can write Brith offering her services to Saeryn a bit later?