View Single Post
Old 08-23-2005, 06:41 AM   #34
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Holbytlass has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbitlass
AAAAH! The place where I belong. Okay now for my story. As stated before, I will turn 30 on April 15.
September 2001 is when I had heard about the movie for LotR. It brought back a memory of me playing at my best-friend's house 18 years earlier. There was some weird cartoon on the T.V. and all I remember is a frog biting off a short person's finger and falling in lava. I wondered if this was the same story.
Few days later I found the Del-Rey paperbacks at Wal-mart real cheap so I snatched them up.
I read The Hobbit and Lotr in a week. I couldn't put them down but I had to, to take care of my three girls.
I stayed up all night when I was finishing Return of the King. I had to pick up my mum and sisters from the airport the next day. I was on such an adrenalin high that I was wired the whole next day.
Since then I have been collecting Tolkien's works.
I discovered this place last August. I love it here. I'm with others that have a common interest (AKA obsession). So I'll be dead here a long time.
This is me, I had to re-incarnate, but the story remains the same! I still love it here and in 8 months I turn 33 and I come-of-age in the Shire-reckoning!