View Single Post
Old 06-22-2004, 07:27 PM   #16
Kransha
Ubiquitous Urulóki

Location: The port of Mars, where Famine, Sword, and Fire, leash'd in like hounds, crouch for employment
Kransha has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Kransha
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lûthien Nénharma
This individual really toasts my bread, whips my cream, fries my eggs. It is clearly noticeable that this individual has no morals, no imagination or even a clue about Lord of the Rings. For instance I am convinced that this person has only seen the FOTR and the TTT and has no idea that the books came out before the movie.
Ladies and Gentlemen, this kind of person who talks about something they have no clue about is called a MORON. Try to have a nice day.
You do know that this site is a parody, yes? A farse it is, and a good one too.

Actually, though this may be my inner cruelty and cold-heartedness, I most enjoyed the forums. Nearly every thread is some poor fool (I pity them) who thought that the site was real and meant for causticism. It's all very vulgar, and uncivilized, but funny to see who 'stand up' for Tolkien. Some of them are more ignorant than the fake persona of the site manufacturer, and have very poor attempts at rebuttal. I believe the single, most amusing thing was a thread in which a disgruntled poster systematically ran down every reason why the '50 Reasons Why LotR Suck" list was wrong and then another poster - who knew of the joke - posted a link to a definition of the word parody. The first, ignorant poster thought it was completely irrelevant *sheds a silent tear for foolishnesses past, ai*.

Actually, some of the things on the list are intriguing. Really, only a few. The comment about it being impossible to see when invisible was enlightening, since I'd never known that. Like a 'FUN FACT for the Day.' Also, I am now convinced that Sauron should have been played by Jimmy Carter.

-Aeschylus, Song of the Furies
Kransha is offline   Reply With Quote