View Single Post
Old 09-21-2020, 05:51 AM   #272
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huinesoron View Post
Really, really easy. I've got everything saved as separate tracks in Audacity, so I can swap them in and out at will; all I need to do is keep the base track the same, and I can drop it into the video in under a minute.

Unfortunately, it turns out the Audacity files really don't transfer well between computers (or rather, they need their _data folders with them, and I'm not even sure that would work). So I think the best way to handle the data is to send me the bare vocal MP3, plus some sort of time-synched version; that can either be an audacity-synched export, or just a recording of how it should sound.
Gotcha! Um, I will send you the mp3s (or m4as, as my phone insists on recording them) of the new vocals from me later today when I get home, and I guess the mp3 of what it sounds like on my end?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hui
I think the 'Truth' version holds up: this is Finrod's vision of the future of the Silmaril, and the coming of the Mariner. The one word I'd like to change is 'cursed', because in this context the Silmarils are a force for good. 'Blessed' sounds too much like an ironic epithet, and 'holy' is over the top... 'hallowed'?
Hmm. Trying to balance Tolkien, the Russian, and the English. In the original, it's "the cursed Silmarils are burning in the darkness", so presumably still pre-Earendil. In our context... they are still "far away". In that case, how about something neutral, that can go either direction - fateful?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hui
The Prison Duet... so Beren is giving a Beleriand Hunter's view of despair, and I think it'd be nice for Finrod to be specifically talking about Valinor. So let's see:

Sky-ships did wander, cast adrift
Golden dust glittered at my feet

Ships wandered aimless through the sky
Gold in the fallen dust did shine

Untethered sky-ships drift away
Gold shines the dust with fading day
I think the question becomes: what ships is he talking about, if they are specific ships? "Ships did wander in the skies" is an affirmative of yes, there were ships like that (like what? Not sure), it all did happen. Ships wandering aimlessly or adrift implies something different, and without having a sense of what he's talking about I am not sure if that holds true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hui
Cool; I've got an idea for how to background it, and have drawn Curufin (shamelessly copying V2 Curufin's face because he's so perfect). I think alternating is better, because it gives a bit more variety in the visuals, but if that's too tricky to compose then we can duet.
The music would be the same regardless, I think - there is not much to differentiate them. But the singers can take turns singing. I will go twist some more arms. Where is sally when you need her? She is so good at twisting arms...

I think Luthien is as tricky to draw as she is to sing or act. The most beautiful face and voice in Beleriand is a pretty tall order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hui
The runes are the names of Sauron: Gorthaur, Sauron, THU. He seems the type, and it made the scene more interesting (also I am a language geek).
Ha! I can see him be like: you got another nasty nickname for me? I'll graffitti it on my throne. Eat that, you slaves of greater lords!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hui
I did assume you meant that Legate; it's such an unusual word... has anyone asked if he's a Roman senator or a Catholic messenger? ^_^ I'll squeeze his full title into the credits at some point, I was rushing to get the last slide in.
No one did as far as I know. But I have a tendency to forget that some words have meaning outside the Downs. There is only one Legate, it's a personal name now. Nogrod is a person and not a place. Goombas are an attribute of Hookbills. It's to to the point where it's discombobulating when I see these words in a different context.