View Single Post
Old 09-12-2020, 02:25 PM   #252
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huinesoron View Post
I think the backdrop for this one will be a repeat of Sauron's throneroom from the Duel, but with ice growing thicker and thicker on every surface as the song progresses. That should be doable. I'll still need to draw the Chorus, though.
The ice idea sounds cool! I am sure it will turn out great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hui
(Also: Galadriel, Elanor, and a Celeb- : I feel very left out of the Lorien Club! ^_~)
Surely the Eagles of the Misty Mountains come to visit every now and again, not just to give Gandalf a lift? By the way - what does "huine" mean in your name?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huinesoron View Post
a) I've finished the animation for Wind, and will hopefully get it all recorded soon.
Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hui
b) I've flung together a sketch audio of Captivity, stretching your choir sections to fit the music (they're at 98% speed now) and voicing all the solos myself. Which led me to an... interesting way of differentiating Beren. Never Again, but it works for this sketch. (Also, yes, I know I missed the tune a lot.) Captivity - Vocal Sketch
Out comes the Taliskan! I'll see if I can pull some strings and convince someone to sing Beren. It's only two lines in this song, it shouldn't be that big of a commitment.

Uhhh, we definitely need to re-record the choir. Hearing it with the accompaniment just emphasizes the spots that need to be fixed. I will try to arrange with Elanor to get that done this week. And if we redo everything, we'll do it at the slightly slower pace - unless you wanna go even slower? It's all up for grabs still.

Something is also not right with the final 2 paragraphs, but I figured I'll listen to them again in the different versions and figure it out when I get to them. Right now I am on "Through years of hardship".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hui
c) Did I say 'two'...? I pulled together a bunch of links to different performances in the Libretto; they're down in Appendix A. Of special note is the 2020 ultra-condensed 'play' version, and the adorable 'garden play' from 2012ish.
How did you find that?! I thought I searched the length and breadth of Youtube when I was first posting about the different versions. I have seen clips of some of the performances, but not the whole collections. And not the 2020 and garden plays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hui
d) I've also attempted to rebalance the audio on the Lament: Here it is. I can adjust any piece of the vocals that needs it, I just need to know which. ^_^
It sounds good! Tbh, when I was rewatching the videos a while ago, I thought you'd already done it, because they sounded good. Maybe it's because I am so used to paying all attention to the musical details and hearing the music alone that the first few times I hear it with voice it sounds weird, but then maybe I just get used to it and it doesn't sound like such a contrast... I don't know. But this one sounds good! (comparing directly with the video - I probably do like the new version better)

EDIT: speaking of rewatching the finished videos... I went back to the Duel to try and find Menelmacar - it's Orion, right? Sadly the only part of Orion I can normally recognize is the belt, which is hard to find with all the stars being the same "brightness". I looked up what the full constellation is supposed to look like on Google, and I thought I could make him out peeking from behind Finrod. Is that the spot?

EDIT 2: I was productive today. Done up to "when I am left alone in this darkness". I will have to see how the choir part sounds with the voices on top. I like the way Finrod's "I was a proud king" stanza turned out. But I feel like Sauron's lines are a bit empty. I might change them up a bit. Yea or nay?
(Edit to the edit: I accidentally recorded with the faster speed. Oh bugger.)

Last edited by Galadriel55; 09-12-2020 at 08:21 PM.
Galadriel55 is offline   Reply With Quote