View Single Post
Old 07-10-2020, 05:02 PM   #53
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
to the point that I have an itch to report him for sexual harassment on Luthien's behalf.
NO KIDDING. There's a reason I gave Luthien a literal 'you're moving too fast', even if she does walk it back right away.

Quote:
Ahhhh no, "й" is just the consonant "y", as in "boy". However, "ё" (yo) is the one often written as "e" (ye). Not sure what you mean about that line, since the vowel in "смерть" (death) is "ye" as written.
Huh. Well, in that case I have no idea what's going on, because ThugBeren very clearly sings a couple more syllables than the text contains. I'm pretty sure he's turning those consonant Ys into 'ya's to do it, but have no clue why he would. (Except that, having grown up speaking Taliska and North Country Sindarin, he's got a bit of an accent... )

Quote:
There is rhyming, but it seems to be separated by veeeery long lines, so it's difficult to catch. I promise to rewatch this song and get back to you on the editing, and I'll also do a rhythm/rhyme transcription.
Thank you! I think I spotted most of it, but it can be hard to tell what's meant to rhyme. The Extended Libretto says that this song had a different author, which may explain why it's so different.

Beren aside, V2 Luthien kills it in this one. She may not have the hair, but her acting and singing are spot on.

hS
Huinesoron is offline   Reply With Quote