View Single Post
Old 02-09-2019, 11:17 AM   #208
ArcusCalion
Quentingolmo

ArcusCalion has just left Hobbiton.
Since gandalf has now reviewed all the drafts of the second and third age, and we have revised them accordingly, perhaps Fin should update the status of those chapters to finished?

Regardless of that, we are now faced with a decision. We have two options going forward: 1) gandalf could review our drafts of the first age chapters. This would be a very daunting task, and if Aiwendil eventually returned for good, it would be all for naught, since he would start the reviews again from scratch. 2) I could start posting my drafts for Volume 3: the Lore of the Wise. This would further clutter up the forum, and will involve a lot of work, since a lot of these drafts are very technical and tedious to work with. But it would represent a continuation of the project. I will support any course, but I think a good deal of the decision must lie with gandalf, since he will be the one most affected by the choice, being the one with least familiarity with the First Age drafts. Fin and gandalf equally have no experience with the Volume III drafts, so it would be equally difficult for both of you. I will follow either course, but I am inclined to prefer the Volume III route, simply because the potential to redo all the first age drafts twice is daunting.
ArcusCalion is offline   Reply With Quote