View Single Post
Old 01-06-2003, 10:09 AM   #29
lindil
Seeker of the Straight Path

lindil has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

No, R Findorfin it is not. Currently, 2-3 readings each of UT and the Silmarillion are strongly recommended. HoME reading while not required will be important though in varying degrees depending on the text and project involved.

For instance in the new Ainulindale Project Morgoth's Ring is probably the only essential HoME book, any other small bits that might make their way in can and will be posted on the relevant thread, so that everyone will be able to read/discuss/ponder it's implications and [possible inclusion.

For the FoG, HoME2, HoME4 [along with UT and Silm of course] have been the primary texts but varrying other bits have come from almost every other volume, linguistic info from H5, Later developments from 10-12, I am not sure if we used anything from the fragment of the Lay of the fall of Gondolin in H3 but I actually just read a few lines [ 35 and on] that might work nicely in the latter sections.

But again there are a fwe hard, hard core types that usually hunt down all of the tangential tie-in's. New members can more or less figure on being responsible for the main texts.

In some cases needed material is available on the Private forum, which is one reason it is private.

Thanks for the great question RF. I will [ sooner or later [place it in the **FAQ/Intro thread**].

Quote:
I would very much like to read through the current work and suggest things (if they appear)? Is this possible?
If by that if you are asking if you may join the project, then yes,PM me for further details.

If you are inquiring re: just being a non member [ you don't get to vote or have access to the Private Forum] meaning you can read and comment on the projects here on the public forum, then of course, any one bold enough to venture into the tangled web of Simarillion revision is welcome [and deserves!] to put in their 2 cents.

[ January 06, 2003: Message edited by: lindil ]
The dwindling Men of the West would often sit up late into the night exchanging lore & wisdom such as they still possessed that they should not fall back into the mean estate of those who never knew or indeed rebelled against the Light.
lindil is offline   Reply With Quote