View Single Post
Old 11-25-2002, 02:55 AM   #6
lindil
Seeker of the Straight Path

lindil has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Weclome to the Silm Forum Man of the Wold!

Yes if you are a slow reader HoME will take you awhile!

But if you read it chronologically you will win Aiwendil's heart!

I will PM you and we can discuss what has transpired so far.

Currently we have not made any of the project work available on this forum largely because it is all still in process.

FOG is a unique project among the many sub-projects of a new Silmarillion in that the majority of it's expansion comes from Lost Tales instead of UT and HoME 10-12.

I am disregarding for the moment the addition of the 'OF tuor and his coming...' section because that is more less being used as a preface.

So that aside most of the additions do not come from later expansion or later variants but from extremely old and at times extremely incompatible material.

Anyway [God willing] the project will be still here when you are ready, and if not we certainly have left enough scattered material that anyone else attempting it would not be doing so from Square One!

Anyway thanks for posting and letting us know we are being attended to.

Sometimes we/I feel a bit like the Northern Dunedain Rangers!
The dwindling Men of the West would often sit up late into the night exchanging lore & wisdom such as they still possessed that they should not fall back into the mean estate of those who never knew or indeed rebelled against the Light.
lindil is offline   Reply With Quote