View Single Post
Old 10-21-2004, 01:14 PM   #23
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
1420!

Davem wrote:
Quote:
But can we imagine him in a settled, loving relationship, with children, ruling as Steward in a time of peace? No - well, I can't.
I'm going to have to admit, neither could I. In one of Tolkien's earlier drafts, Boromir lives, and heads to Minas Tirith, with Aragorn. Aragorn takes claim to the throne, Boromir wants to reject this claim and starts stirring up trouble, a possible civil war. Then Aragorn quickly kills Boromir, before he can rally enough support. I can get more in depth and make a connection between Aragorn's claim and Arvedui's claim, but I will do that when the time is right, for I fear this will take us too off track. Anyway, now Tolkien threw out that idea, I just wanted to mention it, since it could display something about Boromir.

Bethberry I definately agree that Tolkien did make Boromir as a FOIL to Aragorn.

Quote:
(*Fordim rubs hands gleefully in anticipation of the next chapter*).
Aren't we all doing that Fordhim? Lol. I'm dying to talk about Nenya and the Mirror of Galadriel, plus a little more on Boromir.
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote