View Single Post
Old 11-04-2002, 10:58 AM   #360
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Location: Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars
mark12_30 has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to mark12_30 Send a message via Yahoo to mark12_30
Sting

Child's post

Cami gazed up into Ancalimon's eyes. They looked almost as shadowed as her own. For over a day, they had sat together beside Rose's bed, leaving her side only when other responsibilities pressed in. They were still seaching for some indication of change. The wound itself seemed to be healing cleanly. There was no sign of fever or other festering. But Rose did not wake up.

While Mithadan tossed and turned in pain, trapped in evil dreams, Rose lay utterly still, with no movement or even fluttering of her eyelids. She seemed to be locked into some other world where they could not enter. Cami held Rose's hand and talked with her, telling her all the things they could do tgether if she would only return again. But her body did not responded. It remained silent and unmoving. There was no sign that she could hear Cami's voice or feel the touch of Ancalimon's hand on her brow.

Ancalimon shook his head. "I have seen this sometimes after a bad blow. It is not the spear wound, although that weakened her and threw her into shock. She was flung against the wooden docks with great force. It is this." Ancalimon pointed to a large contusion on the girl's head.

"A bruise?" asked Cami. "How can a bruise make this sleep like death?"

"Not the bruise," he responded gently, "but the injury which lies behind the bruise inside her head."

"Can't Idril help?"

Anclaimon nodded, "She has already seen her, and had hoped she would waken on her own. But that has not happened. Idril has powers with both herbs and osanwe. I have even seen her go inside the fea and give it a little push to awaken, although that can be dangerous." He looked out the small porthole and sighed.

Ancalimon took Cami's hand in his and said, "Rose is a stubborn girl, almost as stubborn as you are little Andreth. I will wait here and watch, and call you when Idril comes."

As she turned to go, Ancalimon called her back, "There is something else. I have asked Idril to show you some things about the healer's craft, both you and Andril. Although Andril already has some experience in this, the Elf has much she can teach her. But, Cami, it is you who will need to take these lessons in most carefully."

"Me? I'm no healer. I am a teacher."

"These two things are not so different as you think. And where you are going, both these skills will be needed."

Cami opened her mouth to protest, "But Loremaster has some skill in healing. I am certain of that."

Ancalimon shook his head, "You forget something. The hobbits will be splitting up in two different groups. We need teachers and healers in both places. To tell the truth, I am far more worried about the Anduin than Meneltarma." He whispered this last thought under his breath, almost to himself.

"Cami, your people need a healer. You have the ability to learn this."

She looked at him and nodded, "I will try."

[ November 04, 2002: Message edited by: mark12_30 ]