View Single Post
Old 04-26-2021, 09:04 AM   #118
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formendacil View Post
I gotta say, it really hammers home the extent to which this game relies on trusting our fellow players. I mean, we do, but the source of illicit info is RIGHT THERE. It's an honour system and it's pretty awesome.
I love the fact that the game about everyone lying is also a game that requires us to trust everyone. It's a glorious paradox. ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formendacil View Post
It's harder than you think to find quotes, though it is pretty fun! I do wonder if The Letters might have been easier, but that didn't feel quite as sporting. It's Tolkien, but it isn't Middle-earth, if that makes sense.
Makes perfect sense. I've stuck with what I consider to be the "published legendarium" - allowing the Great Tales, but not anything from HoME or anything non-Middle-earth. Doing the whole thing in quotes from Beowulf, Arthur, Kullervo, Gawain, Pearl, and Sigurd/Gudrun would be hilarious in principle, but very hard in practice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
Ideally I would love to see the village go for Pitch toMorrow, because of how he seemed to set up the Sally-Seer fake reveal, perhaps by looking for several "the pitch black of night" quotes.
I've managed to scrape together three, one of which includes the word "pitch" at least twice (thank you, Bilbo!). It should suffice.

Given the whole midnight thing, my plan is to hit the Living with a string of four posts right off the bat, and then basically go to sleep and let the wolves try and claim they don't understand what a quote with the word innocent in actual quote marks could possibly mean.

(It's 'It must be remembered that the Stones were originally "innocent," serving no evil purpose', from UT.)

Assuming the Ghost rules don't change, of course. I think they worked pretty much as intended, but know that others may have different opinions. Mods, if the Ghost rules are going to be changed, will we be told the new rules at Daybreak or in advance?

hS