View Single Post
Old 06-11-2020, 11:32 AM   #554
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
I'm on the fence about Mac's scheme of communication with the Dead, both the original version and Lommy's 'improvement'. (Actually, isn't that the definition of Necromancy? Well, we're close to Dol Guldur...) On the surface, it looks like a clear-cut code, but what are the Dead to do if, say, they do have a known wolf but don't trust the person they'd need no empower in order to tell us? Or if the person they would be empowering is voting for a known innocent? Should they pass the empowerment on to next person in the alphabet? But then how would they keep us from drawing all the wrong conclusions from what they did? This could quickly turn into a Paper Telephone causing all kinds of confusion and mayhem.
Can we really afford not learning it if Greenie still has a known wolf?

Besides, the dead need a CONSENSUS to empower a medium. That means that if we vote for the lynchee last minute like we tend to do, they can't probably switch their votes fast enough to direct the lynch if necessary. At most, they could cancel the choosing of empowerment which would result in them communicating they have no known wolves, which they anyway might not have.

Of course a whole another can of worms would be is it preferable to agree on voting early and let the dead empower someone's vote with the knowledge they have but I see that as harder to orchestrate among the living + potential waste of seer dream (say the dead empower Boro who votes Fea. Does this mean Boro is innocent, or Fea is guilty? We can't really conclude anything from that, AND i's no even that likely they can change the outcome of a lynch away from a known innocent/ towards a known wolf.)

Gonna x with a bunch again...
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote