View Single Post
Old 06-11-2020, 11:18 AM   #542
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Not sure I agree with this characterisation. I think I've scarcely discussed game mechanics or "other not-directly-productive stuff"! Also, not sure why "cheerful" is a bad thing in your book (or supposedly out of character for me). What I do agree with is my votes being sloppy. This game with its very little evidence in any direction has been trying on me - but don't worry, I think I'm already much wiser toDay. That being said - on the risk of falliong into the trap of knee-jerkism, I don't like this quote from Rikae one bit. It has the smell of "I need a suspicion that's not one of my fellows, let's pick one villager and go through their posts and come up with a reason to suspect them".
I'm very busy toDay, unfortunately, or I'd go and collect all the game mechanics or general how-to-werewolf conversations. I'm not against those in themselves, but a high proportion of them has the advantage of taking up a lot of real estate, looking very engaged, without ruffling feathers and leaving trails.

And the cheerfulness too - it's not that it's universally suspicious, but that it seems out of keeping with the overall tone of conversation at the time and the fortunes of the village (what you took issue with in my "epic!" comment, in fact). I suppose it could be unrelated to the game entirely, but it contributed to the overall glib, slippery impression.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote