View Single Post
Old 06-11-2020, 10:20 AM   #525
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I'm here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
The wolves chose to not put the nightmare wolf in the line of fire for the kill. I suppose they considered Legate a goner anyway. It does re-iterate though that the wolves seem to value their numbers higher than the NW powers.
Which makes me also think Legate was the most widely suspected of them and that the NW is someone who's managed to stay fairly uncontroversial.

Did Boro's performance last game inspire half the village to try some kind of ploys this time? For what it's worth, Rikae's confession makes me feel a little better about them. I see little point in fabricating something like that as a wolf. edit: I'm gonna do a legate-180 on this, see below

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinn
Brinn's guesses for Greenie dreams:

Night 1: Lottie
Night 2: Shasta
Night 3: Legate

If that's right, then it makes me feel good about Shasta. Unfortunately that would mean her other dreams are dead which isn't as helpful (hopefully we can get an idea of her Night 4 dream with toDay's medium vote).

It's possible she dreamt of Kath, but I find it less likely. Still - it doesn't make Kath look very good since she did suspect her for two straight Days. Could the wolves have worried that Greenie dreamed of two wolves? I will need to take a look at Kath's posts along with Legate, though that will need to wait for a few hours at least.
I read Brinn's analysis and I very much agree with the conclusions. It's fairly intriguing Rikae comes to less certain conclusions with the possible remarkable difference of downplaying Shasta's perceived innocence. This *could* point to Rikae being a wolf reluctant to give the village a known innocent, or to Brinn being a bold packmate of Shasta's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
I realized I've been thinking of Lommy as innocentish all this time without any solid reason, and, reading back through her posts quickly, I was struck by how it all had this light, cheerful vibe, dancing around on the surface of things, talking a lot about game mechanics and other not-directly-productive stuff, those VERY easy votes. Why haven't I been considering her a possible wolf? She's been acting like a classic careful wolf!
Not sure I agree with this characterisation. I think I've scarcely discussed game mechanics or "other not-directly-productive stuff"! Also, not sure why "cheerful" is a bad thing in your book (or supposedly out of character for me). What I do agree with is my votes being sloppy. This game with its very little evidence in any direction has been trying on me - but don't worry, I think I'm already much wiser toDay. That being said - on the risk of falliong into the trap of knee-jerkism, I don't like this quote from Rikae one bit. It has the smell of "I need a suspicion that's not one of my fellows, let's pick one villager and go through their posts and come up with a reason to suspect them".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitch
On another note, after Rikae's rather notable Seer hints yesterDay, I'm rather surprised the wolves left them alone and went for Greenie instead, unless of course Rikae is one themself. I mean, it's not impossible that Rikae was trying to set themself up as a decoy to distract from the real Seer, as they claim, but at the same time those hints could have been laid in preparation for a fake reveal to draw out the Seer toDay, and at the very least they could have drawn the Ranger's protection from the real Seer. So I must say I don't like their prophylactic apology in their first post toDay.
Actually, that's a very good point! With TWO gifteds protecting Nightly targets, it would actually have made a lot of sense for a wolf (or to a lesser degree, a cobbler) to fake seer hint in order to lure the protection away from their Night kill choice! *side eyes everyone I have thought the seer in the course of the game, meaning at least Mac, and Rikae with their confession*

I will still read the legatelyses (haven't got as far as that can of worms) and overall comment in a sec...
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote