View Single Post
Old 01-20-2003, 05:19 PM   #49
Bekah
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: Several miles over the madness horizon and accelerating
Bekah has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Bekah
Sting

This is the first post I've made, and the second topic I've read, but oh...you guys are awesome! I'm desparetely trying to grow my hair again (it got cut extremely short because of unavoidable circumstances) so I can put it in an Elvish hair-style - meanwhile I constantly try to persuade my best friend to let me put her hair up into Elvish styles - I have a white horse (although I have no gear) so I got Kementari to let me put her hair up Arwen-style and get on the horse so I could take a photo. ("Noro lim, Asfaloth, noro lim!")

I know I'm obsessed because when I go to other people's places and I talk about LOTR non-stop - Mum's getting worried about this, so I'm trying not to mention LOTR, merely to listen to other subjects, but that's harder than it sounds <g> - and the mother of those particular friends says 'You're not talking about Lord of the Rings again, are you?'

Also, my birthday's in December, so at the end of 2001 "Please I don't want any other present, I don't care if I don't get any Christmas ones either but I must have that cd, oh please it can be both my birthday and Christmas present but please, please, please I must have that soundtrack...etc." This was for the FOTR. I watched TTT to celebrate my birthday a year after that episode - the next day, after church, I went and bought the soundtrack. I got banned last year from listening to FOTR soundtrack more than once a day...I was soon able to re-live all of the scenes by the music.

This, I fear, will be an extremely long post, but...I keep hearing lines from the movie while people are talking about something else, and then my brain will automatically live out the next parts. Every time I do the dishes, and I'm washing a bottle/can/cup..."The mirror shows many things...etc." Also when I put chlorine in the pool and I'm rinsing the jug.

Any time at all that I can possibly use lines frrom either the book or the movie I do so. Kem calls me LOTR-obsessed - I say "Guilty!"

I go to a park (BTW, I live in NZ) and I hold up the hand as if to find a particular photo-shot..."Look, Lothlorien/ Cerin Amroth /Anduin / the Ford"(BTW, I've been to the actual place where Rivendell, Ford, Anduin, Isen were all filmed...and I've been to the exhibition, which I'm going to again in February)

Anyway, I'm guilty of a lot of the previously mentioned charges...including the printing out of fifty pages of Quenya (and that's only lessons 1-5!).

I probably shouldn't have written such a long post, but now I have two questions - who stole my 'Elentari' and who already used 'Rebekah'? "They're mine, they stoles them froms us, nasty theiving Bagginses, my preciouss..."

Lots of love and God bless,

Elentari (aka Bekah)

P.S. I went to a horse camp this summer simply because I wanted to ride like the Elves...I've got a long way to go though before I can ride like Legolas. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

P.P.S. You know you're obsessed when you

a) Buy a chocolate bar merely because it has a picture of Arwen and 'The Lord of the Rings; The Two Towers' written on it.

b) Agree to pay for your little brother's TTT movie ticket merely because you want someone new to discuss the movie vrs. books with.
Bekah is offline   Reply With Quote