View Single Post
Old 12-07-2006, 07:32 AM   #3
Essex
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Essex has just left Hobbiton.
I love the release the prisoners bit! The orc with the skull on his head looks well 'ard! OK, Gothmog looks a bit over the top, and I always thought of him as a Nazgul, but there you go.

As much as I try to defend the movies (and have also defended this scene by stating that Gandalf does actually seem to strike out at Denethor in the book) I don't like Gandalf smacking Denethor in the face! His nearby soldiers at least should have stood up to Gandalf....

PS it's this bit when Gandalf rushes to save Faramir being burned alive:
Quote:
But Gandalf sprang up the steps, and the men fell back from him and covered their eyes; for his coming was like the incoming of a white light into a dark place, and he came with great anger. He lifted up his hand, and in the very stroke, the sword of Denethor flew up and left his grasp and fell behind him in the shadows of the house; and Denethor stepped backward before Gandalf as one amazed.
The CGI attack of the city looks very impressive. The shot of the fell beast dropping some gondorians hundreds of feet to their death is very sickening! Horrible, but so well done.

Oh dear - the 'This army' quote from Aragorn. very droll. I think Jackson acts ok in this bit, but as I've said countless times before, it brings me 'out' of the film
and back to reality every time I see his face!
Essex is offline   Reply With Quote