View Single Post
Old 02-08-2007, 03:01 PM   #929
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dury
I understand your concern with your character's actions and situation being determined. Child and I have been working with the assumption that all the Orc men in particular have been drinking quite a bit, thinking they can relax because everyone's dead and surely having something to celebrate because all the stuff in the camp is theirs (and we thought that this had been agreed upon, sorry we were mistaken). By the time the slaves and fellowship there, we guessed they'd all pretty much be out. Dragging passed out drunks into a pit is just rounding them up.
Basically I agree with the situation you have worked with - as I think I have myself referred to a camp full of drunken orcs too... But I think the two veterans would know better than that - and it seems that for some reason (possibly some hitherto-unknown special trait of female orcs) the women are also taking it easier.

But that kind of makes it also a bit believable, I think. Count out Ishkur and Gwerr, the females and the underaged, and the advance party will meet with 7 orcs who can't even walk straight. With those they can deal with easily and have their moral problems whether to just kill them or let them live imprisoned.

That of course if Makdush will also be so stupid as to drink himself so passionately off the consciousness... That could indeed be one possibility to try and better the relations between Ishkur/Gwerr vs. Makdush, if he were to join the two after the others are taken as prisoners? (and there would be only six drunken orcs lying on the ground as the party comes in) Looking this from Gwerr's point of view, he would just detest the possibility , but from the overall narration's viewpoint it might be something we should consider?

Quote:
Beloan should be one of the advance party. I actually was thinking of having him kind of initiate it by asking those who have seen the slaver camp where it is and if they have any idea how much supplies there might be...and get the ball rolling on a group to go scope it out and pick up some things. Lindir might be the one to really do that, though. Joint effort?
Let's work Beloan out then. I will look at your proposed bio-stuff tomorrow (RL) and will send you my suggestions.

But feel free to post with Beloan initiating the search-party. I think we have both posted quite a lot for him so that he could be an actual joint-character. What say you?