View Single Post
Old 02-15-2003, 01:33 AM   #21
Bekah
Shade of Carn Dűm

Location: Several miles over the madness horizon and accelerating
Bekah has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Bekah
Sting

Bother! I lost my copy of the LOTR. Could someone please look up for me how long Aragorn ruled? He had a pretty long life-span, I know that...and hobbits seem to live a little longer than most humans, and they don't 'come of age' until the age of 33. Dwarves? They live for about twice the life-span of most humans. As for elves...they're immortal. If anyone wants to know the relevance of this, it's in response to something Tar-Palantir said.

Anyway, I'd rather not contemplate the sexual feelings of the people of Middle-earth. It's either a long, long, long time ago, on another planet, or on another world (Narnia?), and for all of those options Tolkien wrote the story not knowing that it was true. Or else, the most common theory, it doesn't exist. For all of those theories, the peoples are different from us. So they might not feel the same way about sex as we do, living here and now.

But I still like reading these intelligent posts in a good, friendly debate. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

~ Elentari II

[ February 15, 2003: Message edited by: Bekah ]
Bekah is offline   Reply With Quote