Thread: Rivendell RPG
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2002, 01:05 PM   #398
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Elenna has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Elenna
Silmaril

Elenna stood on one of the scarred battlements of Minas Tirith. Aragorn had finally wedded Arwen, and now it seemed that everyone else's future was falling into place.

The week before, Glorfindel had met her next to the White Tree, newly planted.

"I have been meaning to talk to you since Lorien," he said, removing something from his pocket. It was a ring of twisted silver, set with a light blue stone. "Will you wed me, he that you have rescued time and time again, and come to dwell with me?"

"Of course!" Elenna said, and Glorfindel smiled and put the ring on her finger. The she continued, "On one condition."

"And what is that?" he asked, suddenly looking worried.

"No embroidery. If you want flowers on your handkerchiefs, you do them yourself."

They had both laughed, and gone in to tell everyone that they were now betrothed.

But Mithrandir met them at the door, and congratulated them before they had even said anything. "It took you long enough," he said. "And I have a wedding present for you, for you must be married very soon. Within the week, I would say."

And they were. Everyone attended their wedding, before the White Tree. Alatiriel and Lindir stood with the couple, as their First Friends. And when they had said their vows and were forever joined, Gandalf "gave" them his gift.

"Here is a friend, Elenna, whom you have long missed." he said. Out from the crowd walked Therin. Elenna gave a cry and embraced him.

"He has recently come from Fangorn Forest, Elenna, where the dwarves have finished a great building project. As you know, Treebeard" (Elenna had been told of the great Ent) "can no longer watch his wood as carefully as he might like, for he has agreed to also guard Orthanc, even though Saruman is gone. So new guardians of the wood must be appointed." Elenna didn't understand.

"You and Glorfindel are to go and dwell at Wellinghall, in the Forest Fangorn, you silly girl!" Therin said.

They were to ride out the next day. Tiri and Lindir were accompanying them, along with Elenna's new horse - Cullhach, the wedding gift of Aragorn.

As the sun came up over Minas Tirith, Elenna said quietly to herself "And so another great tale comes to a happy ending."