Thread: Rivendell RPG
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2002, 01:17 PM   #385
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Elenna has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Elenna
Silmaril

When Elenna finally opened her eyes, she was laying in her own bed at Rivendell. Her first thought was "where am I?". She didn't realize she had spoken aloud until she heard a familiar voice.

"In your chamber, El. Where did you think?"

"Glorfindel? I thought you were dead..."

"Well, I could say the same to you, my love. You have lain here for about three weeks, near to death. At several points I thought you already sat in Mandos's hall."

"No. Amanaduial told me it was not yet my time, and then I heard Lindir..."

Glorfindel struggled to his feet, and Elenna could see that he leaned heavily on a cane made of some gray wood. His leg was wrapped in a white bandage. He saw her eyes on the wound. "A little souvenir from Azruk. I'll be fine in time for," he trailed off.

"In time for what?" she asked, instantly curious.

"Well, Estel is wedding Arwen Undomiel in Gondor in a few weeks. A party is riding out from Rivendell next week. By then, Lindir says you will be well enough to accompany us." Elenna's face lit up. "ANd many wish to see the saviour of Rivendell in person," Glorfindel continued. "Now go to sleep, or Lindir will chop my other leg."

Elenna smiled, and complied.