Thread: Rivendell RPG
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2002, 11:37 AM   #383
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Eye

"Noooooo! Why are you here?"
Elennas spirit looked up to see a swirl fantastic colours materialise in front of her in the familiar form of the witch she knew so well. Tears seemed to spring to her eyes, although it was impossible in this incorporeal form.
"Amanaduial...I never thought i would see you again...-"
"Well you shouldnt be!" Elenna was stunned at how angry Aman seemed to be before she saw thin streaks of silver running down her dead friends cheeks. "You...you cant be. Dont you understand? If you give up, all this will have been for nothing. I will have been for nothing. Please dont let this happen!"
"But Im tired. Tired of pain, tired of losing everything around me, tired of...tired of life!" Now the silver streaks ran down her cheeks too and the glow in Amans silver eyes softened. She spoke more softly now. "Elenna do you remember when Azruk nearly killed me on the battlefield?"
"yes..."
"And you called me back, risking even your life to save me?"
"I...yes..."
Aman began to step back into the blinding glorious ligth behind her again. "Well now its your turn. Can you hear it?" Her voice was almost a whisper as she cocked her head to one side. A faint call came from all around seemingly and although the reluctant warrior tried to ignore it, she couldnt block it out. Lindir was calling her back.
"He is singing to you my friend. He calls you with his gift from deep in his soul."
Elenna turned to Aman, now more than half obscured by the blinding light behind her. The witches eyes were glittering as she spoke to her friend.
"Go brave one. Hear the call of Lindir and heed it."
"I dont want to leave you!" She started walking towards her the witch. Aman held out her hand to her.
"Goodbye Elenna. Be strong. Live. For all of us...." Elennas hand touched Amans only for a milisecond before she was whisked away back to the land of the living.

------------------------------------
"Elenna! Please...you cant die....you cant..." Lindirs voice was desperate as he shook her shoulder with his bare arm. Glorfindel lay to the side of them, unconcious but stable, his thigh wrapped in Lindirs sleeve, Aduchil watching over him. Lindirs raven hair fell into his eyes but he didnt heed it as he reached out to feel Elennas wrist, feeling her pulse pump painfully slowly.
Thud..thud....thud.......thud...........thu-
"No." Lindir whispered the word at first. "NO! Please, dont do this...for me...for Aman...no..." She was gone. The singer clenched his teeth together. He had lost Amanaduial, there was no way Elenna would be lost as well.
Lindir called up the energy inside him that he had felt when Aman had died in his hands. A slow trickle of light passed from his hands as he placed them on the wound on Elennas chest. Letting his mind drift back to his home the golden wood he remembered a song he had learned. The slow melody poured from his lips, his voice smooth and flowing.
Beneath one of his hands, slowly, fitfully...Elennas pulse was returning...